By any chance, how can we plan for something similar to be held in Tokyo?
There are container focused events held here, and some are gathering 300~400 people in one room.

Ippei

On Oct 16, 2018, at 11:42 AM, alessandro via Lists.Cncf.Io <alessandro.vozza=microsoft.com@...> wrote:

We had a Kubernetes day in Amsterdam last June which was a good success; we had 200 attendees for a full day, single track event hosted in a great location (thanks to the ones in cc to make it happen). We had Acqua, Sysdig, Google, Microsoft, Rancher and Container Solutions sponsoring and presenting; we learned a lot and were aiming to organize one in the next year (changing name). I highly suggest to organize one in your city, it’s a fun and learning experience. In my opinion, I’ll leave more space to mingling and networking and less to talks. Reach out if you wanna know more!

Sent from my mobile

From: cncf-toc@... <cncf-toc@...> on behalf of Ilya Dmitrichenko <ilya@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:47:51 PM
To: cncf-toc@...
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Thoughts on KubeCon

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 12:52 PM Ilan Rabinovitch <ilan@...> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:53 AM Ilya Dmitrichenko <ilya@...> wrote:
> To be clear, are you suggesting that we could leverage
> existing groups by considering to mini-conferences at
> the locations where a meetup groups exists and ask
> meetup organizers to help?
> Otherwise one could imply that you are suggesting
> something about the URL and the page as such... ;)

One more option to would be to partner with existing community events
and add k8s or CloudNative tracks.  We've found this to be a win/win
at SCALE and other local events I'm involved in.

Also an option, of course.

By the way, we do have a local event - Cloud Native London, it took place
last month and also in 2017 (IIRC). It's a great event, but it's not exactly
affordable. ContainerCamp is probably closer to what I'd consider small
and affordable event, yet tickets still could be cheaper and it doesn't have
to be a major tech city like London (where hotels & venues are expensive).