From: cncf-toc-bounces@... [mailto:cncf-toc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 3:10 PM
To: cncf-toc@...
Subject: [cncf-toc] VOTE "incubation principle"

TOC voters,

Per our call this week, we wish to record support for the "incubation principle" via a vote on a formal statement.

Please indicate your vote on when a project is promoted from Incubation by saying YES or NO. Today we are seeking unanimous support, from all TOC voting members, for the following statement. If this vote is passed then we shall record the principle in appropriate venues such as the CNCF development process (which is still being worked out).

alexis

----
“1. The time when becoming a CNCF Project is irrevocable is when a project is promoted from Incubation

2. Prior to this a project may choose to leave, or be asked to leave.

The TOC might change this rule in the future but for now it has a clear rationale: it enables new projects to have a safety valve. Before the TOC has finalised its modus operandi and how we help CNCF projects, we want projects to join CNCF and help us shape our model. So we are asking projects to join despite this uncertainty. In return we provide a safety valve.”

----

FYI: Stemmed from the April 13th discussion: http://lists.cncf.io/pipermail/cncf-toc/2016-April/000131.html