- [VOTE] linkerd inception project review 2018
Re: [VOTE] linkerd inception project review 2018
Sam Lambert <samlambert@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Mark Peek <markpeek@...>
Hey TOC and community, we are requesting a vote to keep linkerd (https://github.com/linkerd/linkerd)
as an inception project for another year based on their presentation yesterday. Here are some stats shared yesterday from the linkerd community:
* 60+ contributors; 50+ releases (2--4 week cadence); 3400+ GH stars
* 1.5m+ Docker Hub pulls; 5--10 billion requests a day
* 1400+ Slack members
* 40+ companies using Linkerd in production. Public ones include Monzo, CreditKarma, Salesforce, Expedia, BigCommerce, NCBI, PayPal, Taboola, FOX, and AOL
* Powers the Human Genome Project!
Please vote +1/-1 (remember that the TOC has binding votes only, but we do appreciate non-binding votes from the community as a sign of support).
Also note that every inception project has to be reviewed on an annual basis to decide whether it will continue to be a CNCF project or potentially graduate to another level. We will have another
discussion in the near future about moving/graduating linkerd to another level, along with other CNCF projects.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.