From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM
To: "Bernstein, Joshua" <Joshua.Bernstein@...>
Cc: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-toc] Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

thanks all!

Chris is coordinating - so please keep emails coming to this list.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Bernstein, Joshua via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

Alexis,

You can count myself and Clint in to help out here. I think this is a great idea to formalize a way non-TOC members could support the TOC. The model you lay out seems have worked well historically as we’ve supported Ben on the storage TOC.

-Josh

On Aug 22, 2017, at 2:45 PM, Lee Calcote via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

+1 and I’m in.

Minor note - I see the inherent difference between Cloud Native Ambassadors and TOC Contributors. The nuance may not be obvious to all.

- Lee

On Aug 22, 2017, at 4:43 PM, Quinton Hoole via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...> wrote:

SGTM, +1 etc.

As I’ve mentioned, I am willing, and hopefully capable of contributing to the technical due diligence exercises.

Technical Vice President

<image001[12].png>

America Research Center

2330 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050

Tel: 408-330-4721   Cell: 408-320-8917   Office # E2-9

Email: quinton.hoole@...   ID#Q00403160

From: <cncf-toc-bounces@...> on behalf of Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 14:39
To: Alexis Richardson via cncf-toc <cncf-toc@...>
Subject: [cncf-toc] Introducing "TOC Contributor" role

To all TOC community,

People have been asking "how can the TOC get more help to get things done?".  The TOC welcomes help from people who are both capable and willing.  Specifically we could use hands-on help with things like WGs, technical DD and content creation.

We believe that recognition is important for many reasons, and so it is proposed that "TOC Contributors" be a thing.  A sketch of this idea is here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3c5K0S8d4iHPScFHUEEY9cIzffWfJj-mhtN8fsd570/edit?ts=5992e231

As with similar proposals we can iterate towards a vote.  Feedback via the draft doc is now solicited from the community.  Or just comment on this list: "+1", "yay, but ..", "over my dead body", etc.