From: Emily Fox <themoxiefoxatwork@...>
Date: Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 3:57 PM
Subject: [cncf-toc] Request for Comment: Clarifying End-User, Adopter, Vendor
To: <cncf-toc@...>

Community,
  In an effort to provide projects, the community, and the TOC with less ambiguity around who are project "adopters," the TOC explored past Due Diligence activities as well the continuing growth of projects and the market built around or with them. The need for this clarity is captured on issue #788.

 REQUEST:  We invite you to comment on PR #864 which introduces categories of adopters, examples, and more context around the use of adopters for Due Diligence and considerations. This PR will follow our usual two-week comment period, closing at end of day Pacific Time on July 12th 2022.

Thank you!

Links included in this email:
Original Issue: https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/788
Corresponding PR: https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/864

~Emily Fox, TOC
GH: @TheFoxAtWork, T: @TheMoxieFox

Reminder: Tuesday 2022-05-17 TAG Observability Meeting cancelled (KubeCon!)

Matt Young

Hello friends,

Our meeting on the 17th (2nd Tuesday), like all other CNCF recurring meetings is cancelled for KubeCon EU.

Enjoy the conference!

Matt

TAG Observability 3-May cancelled

Matt Young

Hi folks,

We've got folks out sick today (me, talking is hard)  and others travelling, so we've decided to cancel today's scheduled TAG Observability meeting.

If there are those that want to use the time for collaboration, the meeting / zoom should still work, LMK if that's the case and I'll ensure it's up and running.

Thanks, and see you in 2 weeks at our next meeting!

Matt

Re: Poll for Observe k8s working group meeting time

Ken Finnigan

Boris,

Regards
Ken

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 11:28 AM Boris Gdalevich <boris.gdalevich@...> wrote:

Thank you Ken,

Please let me know when zoom link is ready

Regards,

Boris

I want to let everyone know that the new time for the meeting has been decided and updated in the CNCF calendar. The new time is Thursdays 12-1pm EDT. Look forward to seeing everyone there Thanks Ken On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 7:27 PM Ken Finnigan

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

I want to let everyone know that the new time for the meeting has been decided and updated in the CNCF calendar.

The new time is Thursdays 12-1pm EDT.

Look forward to seeing everyone there

Thanks

Ken

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 7:27 PM Ken Finnigan <ken@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I've created a new poll for us to find a better time for the Observe k8s working group meetings that is more suitable for everyone.

Please respond to the poll, https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/xboMZ6Ae, preferably by Friday 1st to enable time to adjust the CNCF calendar entry for the meeting.

Thanks

Ken

Please refer to http://www.kkr.com/email-disclaimer for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.
KKR uses your personal information in accordance with its privacy notices, which can be found on http://www.kkr.com.

Re: Poll for Observe k8s working group meeting time

Boris Gdalevich

[...]

Sure!

There's a GH repo here: https://github.com/observe-k8s

The charter for the working group is outlined here: https://github.com/observe-k8s/hub/blob/main/charter.md

There are some draft issues of the work the group wants to achieve here: https://github.com/orgs/observe-k8s/projects/1

And the meeting minutes from last week are here: https://hackmd.io/ycW_9qqlQ0OK8UOH-8toGg

Ken

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 4:23 AM Bartłomiej Płotka <bwplotka@...> wrote:
Thanks!

Do you mind reminding everyone of goals/notes for this working group? (:

Kind Regards,
Bartek Płotka (@bwplotka)

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 8:48 PM Ken Finnigan <ken@...> wrote:
I want to let everyone know that the new time for the meeting has been decided and updated in the CNCF calendar.

The new time is Thursdays 12-1pm EDT.

Look forward to seeing everyone there

Thanks
Ken

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 7:27 PM Ken Finnigan <ken@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I've created a new poll for us to find a better time for the Observe k8s working group meetings that is more suitable for everyone.

Please respond to the poll, https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/xboMZ6Ae, preferably by Friday 1st to enable time to adjust the CNCF calendar entry for the meeting.

Thanks
Ken

Re: Poll for Observe k8s working group meeting time

Bartłomiej Płotka

[...]

Re: Meeting times for observe k8s working group

Ken Finnigan

Definitely Alolita, that was a mistake on my part for not considering it in the initial Doodle poll.

Ken

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 2:56 PM Alolita Sharma <alolita.sharma@...> wrote:
Hi Ken - let's make sure to keep PT friendly timezones for all calls in the future :-)
Best,
Alolita

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 11:28 AM Ken Finnigan <ken@...> wrote:
Hi Alolita,

The current time slot was the most popular among those voting in the Doodle poll we had last week. I double checked and, unfortunately, there wasn't another time later in the day where the majority of those voting were able to attend.

I appreciate the time slot makes it very difficult for anyone in PT, but as we're currently scheduled for tomorrow morning I don't see us being able to find a more appropriate time between now and then.

However, we can definitely work to find a more TZ friendly time for everyone that is wanting to participate in the working group for future meetings. The meeting tomorrow will be recorded for anyone unable to attend in person.

Regards
Ken

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 11:10 AM Alolita Sharma <alolita.sharma@...> wrote:
Hi Ken - the 6-7am PT for this workgroup does not work for the west coast. Any way this time could be changed to 8-9am PT?

Best regards,
Alolita

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 3:06 AM Ken Finnigan <ken@...> wrote:
Thanks Josh

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 14:47 Josh Gavant <joshgavant@...> wrote:
FYI the right link for the poll is https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/lej158Pd (I got it from Slack).

Re: Meeting times for observe k8s working group

Alolita Sharma

[...]

Observe k8s working group

Ken Finnigan

All,

The most popular time for the meeting was Wednesday 9-10am EDT.

I've set up a calendar event for it until we have an official one from the CNCF.

Look forward to speaking with everyone!

Thanks
Ken

Guidance on structure for deprecated API use metric

Matt Young

Hello folks!

TLDR: this is something to watch.  I'll be attending SIG Architecture meeting today to determine if there are any next steps, and to get a feeling for the timeline(s) involved.  There is an opportunity to blog about this, and to provide the community we serve visibility and a concrete working example.  I would suggest this makes sense to park in the observe-k8s WG's purview.

---

There's some work out of SIG-Architecture that adds a new observable point that folks should be aware of...stemming from the SIG's 2021 report here:

https://hackmd.io/S3VflrjUSc6X3EEdzC5-3A

The KEP is around warnings for deprecated api's:

https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/blob/master/keps/sig-api-machinery/1693-warnings/README.md

SIG Instrumentation picked this an aspect of this (see email below, Damien is chair of SIG Instrumentation, cc'd).

WDYT?

Matt

From: Amye Scavarda Perrin <ascavarda@...>
Date: Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 11:01 AM
Subject: [cncf-toc] [RESULT] OpenMetrics approved for incubation
To: CNCF TOC <cncf-toc@...>

OpenMetrics has been approved for incubation:
https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5949
8/11
Alena Prokharchyk: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5952
Cornelia Davis: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6000
Dave Zolotusky: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6008
Liz Rice: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6020
Davanum Srinivas:  https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6021
Justin Cormack: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6022
Sheng Liang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6027
Lei Zhang: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6028

+1 NB
Richard Hartmann: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5950
Brian Brazil: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5951
Rob Skillington: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5958
Eduardo Silva: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5959
Michael Hausenblas: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/5964
Alexis Richardson: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6001
Queeny Jin: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6002
Paul Buck: https://lists.cncf.io/g/cncf-toc/message/6003

--
Amye Scavarda Perrin | Director of Developer Programs, CNCF | amye@...

Doodle: WG: observe-k8s, poll for recurring time

Matt Young

Hello!

Here's the link to a scheduling poll for our next sync of these early days for the observe-k8s TAG Working Group:

I've populated this with Thurs 16th - Weds 22nd, let's use this both as a specific meeting doodle, but also as a general poll to see if this time band works, and what day(s) folks prefer.

Thanks,

Matt

1 - 20 of 94