Re: Operator Framework questions

Daniel Messer

Agree with that Jay. The connection comes more from the OLM side since this is where the metadata format is defined that drives the OperatorHub.io index.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 4:18 PM Jay Pipes <jaypipes@...> wrote:
On Mon, 2019-10-14 at 10:17 +0100, Gareth Rushgrove wrote:
> Note this isn't about the Operator SDK, but given the Operator Hub is
> in scope of the Operator Framework, it appears to be the framework
> submitted to the TOC https://github.com/cncf/toc/pull/303.

I agree that tying the Operator SDK and Operator Hub together is
counterproductive. Is there a reason why they cannot be separated?

In my mind, *how* a k8s application is built (Operator SDK) is a
different thing than *where* that application is published (Operator
Hub).

Best,
-jay

--