I would like to self-nominate for this role.
I fully support the charter of SIG-App-Delivery and participated in the SIG discussion. This role would enable me to take more responsibility to serve and support CNCF and the SIG, specifically:
- Organize meetings and engage in technical discussion. I would like to ensure smooth meeting with agendas and provide guidance to new participants.
- Review proposals and bridge people. I would like to ensure the quality of proposals, and support TOC and SIG members to reach the end results as much as possible.
- Support new ideas and drive for innovations. SIG-AppDelivery is still young with many new exciting ideas. I would like to identify and support the new ideas, and when needed form new WGs (e.g. dev experience and/or ops experience, interpretability etc.).
- Discovering and reaching out to new projects in app delivery area, and onboarding them into CNCF. I would do my best to build a healthy community and serve it as much as I could.
About my technical background and community experience:
- TL & Staff Engineer at Alibaba. Previously TL at CoreOS.
- I focus on community growth. I am one of the organizers of Cloud Native Community China (cloudnative.to). I have been mentoring the communities on technical discussion and organizational events.
- I have strong technical experience in the Cloud Native Application area. I had been the co-creator of the etcd operator (first operator implementation) and advocated operator pattern to its maturity. I had lead a few critical features in K8S-SIG-Scheduling, K8S-SIG-Scalability. Now I am the core committer of OAM (oam.dev) and KubeVela (kubevela.io).
Above statements are my motivation for this role and my background in community mentorship. I hope to put my dedication to serving and growing the CNCF community in this role.
Thank you for your consideration.
Staff Software Engineer at Alibaba