Count me in!

Chris Short
He/Him/His

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 11:27 AM Reitbauer, Alois <alois.reitbauer@...> wrote:

See comments below:

// Alois

From: <cncf-sig-app-delivery@...> on behalf of "Matt Farina via Lists.Cncf.Io" <matt=mattfarina.com@...>
Reply to: "matt@..." <matt@...>
Date: Friday, 21. February 2020 at 18:11
To: "cncf-sig-app-delivery@..." <cncf-sig-app-delivery@...>
Cc: "cncf-sig-app-delivery@..." <cncf-sig-app-delivery@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-sig-app-delivery] Starting work on Operator Working Group

I have a few questions, if you don't mind. I'm trying to place where this fits with the things...

  1. Is this meant to be a formal working group under the CNCF? As in https://github.com/cncf/toc/tree/master/workinggroups

[Alois] – Yes, just as we do for air gapped environemnts

  1. Is there a definition of done for the working group? Or a task to figure that out. Something like "Coordination work among different operator framework" could go on forever.

[Alois] First step is to see whether we have enough interested people. Next steps is to define the detailed agenda. I just threw in some high level discussion points to get the converstion started.

  1. Why do we need a minimum requirements for a "valid" operator? Has a problem surfaced that needs this for solving?

[Alois]  This relates to comments from your side regarding requirements to be listed in e.g. operator hub for non OLM operators.

Thanks,

Matt

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Reitbauer, Alois wrote:

Hello everybody,

As discussed a while back we are also planning a working group on Operators. This is the next step after starting the work on operator definition. During the creation of the document it became clear that there is more work to be done than simply a definition.  Also with operator related projects joining the CNCF and more and more project using operators to deploy and manage on Kubernetes there is a lot to be covered:

  • Best practices how to write operators e.g. CRDs, APIs, ….
  • Minimum requirements for a “valid” operator
  • Supporting projects with Operators
  • Coordination work among different operator framework.

As this is a working group, we will need people to do the actual work 😊. If you are willing to actively contribute, please simply reply to this thread.

// Alois

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20

Join cncf-tag-app-delivery@lists.cncf.io to automatically receive all group messages.