Date 1 - 1 of 1
RC1 of Strimzi Operators 0.23.0
Release Candidate 1 of Strimzi Operators 0.23.0 is now available for testing with a lot of changes and improvements.
This release supports only the API version v1beta2 and CRD version apiextensions.k8s.io/v1. Migration to v1beta2 needs to be completed for all Strimzi CRDs and CRs before the upgrade to 0.23 is done! For more details about the CRD upgrades, see the documentation.
The main changes since the 0.22 release include:
* Add support for Kafka 2.8.0 and 2.6.2, remove support for Kafka 2.5.x
* Make it possible to configure maximum number of connections and maximum connection creation rate in listener configuration
* Add support for configuring finalizers for loadbalancer type listeners
* Use dedicated Service Account for Kafka Connect Build on Kubernetes
* Remove direct ZooKeeper access for handling user quotas in the User Operator. Add usage of Admin Client API instead.
* Migrate to CRD v1 (required by Kubernetes 1.22+)
* Support for configuring custom Authorizer implementation
* Changed Reconciliation interval for Topic Operator from 90 to 120 seconds (to keep it the same as for other operators)
* Changed Zookeeper session timeout default value to 18 seconds for Topic and User Operators (for improved resiliency)
* Removed requirement for replicas and partitions KafkaTopic spec making these parameters optional
* Support to configure a custom filter for parent CR's labels propagation into subresources
* Allow disabling service links (environment variables describing Kubernetes services) in Pod template
* Update Kaniko executor to 1.6.0
* Add support for separate control plane listener (disabled by default, available via the ControlPlaneListener feature gate)
* Support for Dual Stack networking
There are also several deprecations and removals. For more details and installation files, go to https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.23.0-rc1
Any feedback can be provided on the Strimzi mailing list, on the #strimzi Slack channel on CNCF Slack or as a GitHub issue.
Thanks & Regards
Jakub & Strimzi team
|1 - 1 of 1|