Date 1 - 1 of 1
RC1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.24.0
Release Candidate 1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge the 0.24.0 is now available for testing.
### Main Changes since 0.23.1
* Fixed regression about producing messages not working when CORS is enabled
* Dependency updates (Netty 4.1.86.Final)
* Refactored producer, consumer and admin endpoints by using the Apache Kafka client API instead of the Vert.x one
* Removed the usage of the Vert.x Config component for reading the bridge configuration
* Replaced the Vert.x JSON handling with Jackson
### Changes, deprecations and removals
Support for `bridge.tracing=jaeger` tracing based on Jaeger clients and OpenTracing API was deprecated in the 0.22.0 release.
As the Jaeger clients are retired and the OpenTracing project is archived, we cannot guarantee their support for future versions.
In the 0.22.0 release, we added support for OpenTelemetry tracing as a replacement.
If possible, we will maintain the support for `bridge.tracing=jaeger` tracing until June 2023 and remove it afterwards.
Please migrate to OpenTelemetry as soon as possible.
More details and a full list of changes can be found on the GitHub release page: https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-bridge/releases/tag/0.24.0-rc1
Any feedback can be provided on the mailing list, on Slack or as a GitHub issue.
Thanks & RegardsStrimzi team
Senior Principal Software Engineer @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Azure
Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience
|1 - 1 of 1|