Note: lists.cncf.io will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
[ANNOUNCE] [RELEASE] Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.29.0
Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.29.0 has been released. The main changes in this release include:
* Support for new Apache Kafka releases (3.0.1, 3.1.1 and 3.2.0)
* Renew user certificates in User Operator only during maintenance windows
* New rebalancing modes in the `KafkaRebalance` custom resource to add or remove brokers
* Experimental KRaft mode (ZooKeeper-less Kafka)
* Experimental support for the s390x platform
For more details and installation files, go to https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.29.0
You can also check a video about the main new features on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/lUsIoFTZr00
Important: This release supports only the API version v1beta2 and CRD version apiextensions.k8s.io/v1. If upgrading from Strimzi 0.22, migration to v1beta2 needs to be completed for all Strimzi CRDs and CRs before the upgrade to 0.28 is done! If upgrading from Strimzi version earlier than 0.22, you need to first install the CRDs from Strimzi 0.22 and complete the migration to v1beta2 for all Strimzi CRDs and CRs before the upgrade to 0.28 is done! For more details about the CRD upgrades, see the documentation.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to these releases!
Thanks & Regards