Date 1 - 1 of 1
RC1 of Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.26.0
Release Candidate 1 of Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.26.0 is now available for testing with a lot of changes and improvements.
Important: This release supports only the API version v1beta2 and CRD version apiextensions.k8s.io/v1. If upgrading from Strimzi 0.22, migration to v1beta2 needs to be completed for all Strimzi CRDs and CRs before the upgrade to 0.26 is done! If upgrading from Strimzi version earlier than 0.22, you need to first install the CRDs from Strimzi 0.22 and complete the migration to v1beta2 for all Strimzi CRDs and CRs before the upgrade to 0.26 is done! For more details about the CRD upgrades, see the documentation.
The main changes since the 0.25 release include:
* Add support for Kafka 2.8.1 and 3.0.0; remove Kafka 2.7.0 and 2.7.1
* Expose JMX port on Zookeeper nodes via a headless service
* Allow configuring labels and annotations for JMX authentication secrets
* Add support for building connector images from the Maven coordinates
* Allow Kafka Connect Build artifacts to be downloaded from insecure servers
* Add option to specify pull secret in Kafka Connect Build on OpenShift
* Configurable authentication, authorization, and SSL for Cruise Control API
* Allow configuring `/tmp` volume size via Pod template (by default `1Mi` is used)
There are also several deprecations, removals and other notable changes. For more details and installation files, go to https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.26.0-rc1
Any feedback can be provided on the Strimzi mailing list, on the #strimzi Slack channel on CNCF Slack or as a GitHub issue.
Thanks & Regards
|1 - 1 of 1|