Date

ANNOUNCE] Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.18.0 released!

Paolo Patierno

Version 0.18.0 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge has been released.

The main changes include:

* Use Java 11 as the Java runtime
* Renamed exposed HTTP server and Kafka consumer and producer metrics, using `strimzi_bridge` as prefix
* Added topic-partition retrieval operation to the Admin Client endpoint

Thanks to everyone who contributed to these releases.

Thanks,
Paolo

Paolo Patierno
Principal Software Engineer @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Azure

Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience

RC1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.18.0

Paolo Patierno

Hi all,

Release Candidate 1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.18.0 is now available for testing.
The main changes since 0.17.0 include:

* Use Java 11 as the Java runtime
* Renamed exposed HTTP server and Kafka consumer and producer metrics, using `strimzi_bridge` as prefix
* Added topic-partition retrieval operation to the Admin Client endpoint

Any feedback can be provided here or as a GitHub issue.

Thanks

Paolo Patierno
Principal Software Engineer @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Azure

Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience

Strimzi Survey

Tom Bentley

Hi,

At the last community meeting we talked about how we'd like to do a survey of Strimzi users so we can better understand how people are using Strimzi with a view to better serving the needs of our community. CNCF advice is to try to keep to 10 questions or fewer and we've been developing the set of the questions to ask. The attached google doc is the current draft:

If you have any feedback feel free to add comments to the document, or reply to this thread. I'm planning to wrap this up within the next week, so don't delay!

Kind regards,

Tom

Strimzi Community Meeting 2020/07/02

Paolo Patierno

Hi all,
tomorrow we are going to have the Strimzi community meeting at 8:00 AM UTC, please add something you think we should discuss to the agenda https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V1lMeMwn6d2x1LKxyydhjo2c_IFANveelLD880A6bYc/edit

Thanks,
Paolo.

Paolo Patierno
Principal Software Engineer @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Azure

Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.17.0 released!

Jakub Scholz

Thanks for driving the release Paolo!

Jakub

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 3:36 PM Paolo Patierno <ppatierno@...> wrote:
Version 0.17.0 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge has been released.

The main changes include:

* Added an Admin Client endpoint and related API for getting topics list and topic details
* Made available bridge information (i.e. version) on the root `/` endpoint
* Exposed HTTP server, JVM and Kafka consumer and producer related metrics in the Prometheus format
* Added `tini` usage for running the bridge in containerized environment
* Use `log4j2` instead of `log4j`

For more details, go to: https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-bridge/releases/tag/0.17.0

Thanks to everyone who contributed to these releases.

Thanks,
Paolo

Paolo Patierno
Principal Software Engineer @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Azure

Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience

RC1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.17.0

Paolo Patierno

Hi all,

Release Candidate 1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.17.0 is now available for testing.
The main changes since 0.16.0 include:

* Added an Admin Client endpoint and related API for getting topics list and topic details
* Made available bridge information (i.e. version) on the root `/` endpoint
* Exposed HTTP server, JVM and Kafka consumer and producer related metrics in the Prometheus format
* Added `tini` usage for running the bridge in containerized environment
* Use `log4j2` instead of `log4j`

Any feedback can be provided here or as a GitHub issue.

Thanks

Paolo Patierno
Principal Software Engineer @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Azure

Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience

[ANNOUNCE] [RELEASE] Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.18.0 released

Jakub Scholz

Strimzi Kafka Operators version 0.18.0 has been released. The main new features since 0.17.0 include:
* Add possibility to set Java System Properties via custom resources
* Make it possible to configure PodManagementPolicy for StatefulSets
* Add more metrics to Cluster, User and Topic Operators
* New Grafana dashboard for Operator monitoring
* Allow `ssl.cipher.suites`, `ssl.protocol` and `ssl.enabled.protocols` to be configurable for Kafka and the different components supported by Strimzi
* Add support for user configurable SecurityContext for each Strimzi container
* Add support for Kafka 2.4.1 and 2.5.0
* Remove TLS sidecars from ZooKeeper pods, using native ZooKeeper TLS support instead
* Use Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.16.0 with support for CORS in the HTTP protocol
* Pass HTTP Proxy configuration from operator to operands
* Add Cruise Control support

More details about the release and the download files are available on the Git Hub release page: https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.18.0. Documentation and Quick Starts can be found on our website https://strimzi.io/.

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release by raising issues, opening PRs etc.

On behalf of the Strimzi maintainers
Jakub

RC2 of Strimzi Operators 0.18.0

Jakub Scholz

Hi,

Release Candidate 2 of Strimzi Operators 0.18.0 is now available for testing. Compared to RC1, it includes some bug fixes:
* Improve the `KafkaRebalance` resources
* Add the `KafkaRebalance` resource to the `strimzi` category
* Add `KafkaRebalance` resources to Operators Grafana dashboard
* Make sure TLS protocol can be configured in Kafka brokers
* Fix Prometheus installation guide

Any feedback can be provided here, on the #strimzi Slack channel on CNCF Slack or as a GitHub issue.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

RC1 of Strimzi Operators 0.18.0

Jakub Scholz

Hi,

Release Candidate 1 of Strimzi Operators 0.18.0 is now available for testing. The main changes since the 0.17.0 release include:
* Update build system to use `yq` version 3 (https://github.com/mikefarah/yq)
* Add more metrics to Cluster, User and Topic Operators
* New Grafana dashboard for Operator monitoring
* Allow `ssl.cipher.suites`, `ssl.protocol` and `ssl.enabled.protocols` to be configurable for Kafka and the different components supported by Strimzi
* Add support for user configurable SecurityContext for each Strimzi container
* Add support for Kafka 2.4.1 and 2.5.0
* Remove TLS sidecars from ZooKeeper pods, using native ZooKeeper TLS support instead
* Use Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.16.0 with support for CORS in the HTTP protocol
* Pass HTTP Proxy configuration from operator to operands

Any feedback can be provided here, on the #strimzi Slack channel on CNCF Slack or as a GitHub issue.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

2020 CNCF Cloud Native Survey

Tom Bentley

People using (or considering using) cloud native technologies (including Strimzi) might want to fill in the 2020 CNCF Cloud Native Survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WZLF3TB

The results (and data) will be open sourced (you can see last year's report here: https://www.cncf.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CNCF_Survey_Report.pdf).

[ANNOUNCE] Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.16.0 released!

Jakub Scholz

Version 0.16.0 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge has been released. The main changes include:
* Add support for CORS
* Various bugfixes and dependencies updates

Thanks to everyone who contributed to these releases.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

RC1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.16.0

Jakub Scholz

Hi,

Release Candidate 1 of Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.16.0 is now available for testing. The main changes since 0.15 include:
* Add support for CORS in the HTTP part of the Bridge
* Various bugfixes and dependencies updates

Any feedback can be provided here or as a GitHub issue.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

[ANNOUNCE] [RELEASE] Strimzi Kafka OAuth library 0.5.0 released

Jakub Scholz

Hi,

Version 0.5.0 of the Strimzi Kafka OAuth library is now available: https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-oauth/releases/tag/0.5.0.

The main changes since 0.4.0 are:
* Improved compatibility with authorization servers
* Fixed JWKS keys refresh bug
* Fixed a non-standard token_type enforcement when using the Introspection Endpoint
* Improved examples
* Improved logging to facilitate troubleshooting
* Bumped keycloak-core library version

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release by raising issues, opening PRs etc.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

RC2 of Strimzi Kafka OAuth library 0.5.0

Jakub Scholz

Release Candidate 2 of the 0.5.0 version of the Strimzi Kafka OAuth library is now available for testing: https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-oauth/releases/tag/0.5.0-rc2

The only change since RC1 is the following bugfix:
* Fix scope support when refreshing the token (#55)

To test it, you can use the staging Maven repository:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/iostrimzi-1065/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

Any feedback can be provided here or as a GitHub issue.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Re: [cncf-strimzi-dev] [ANNOUNCE] New maintainer Jakub Stejskal

Tom Bentley

Congratulations Jakub!

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 10:05 AM Paolo Patierno <ppatierno@...> wrote:
Congrats Jakub,