Note: lists.cncf.io will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
RC1 of Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.30.0 is available for testing
Release candidate 1 of Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.30.0 is now available for testing. The changes in this release include for example:
* The `UseStrimziPodSets` feature gate moves to beta stage. StrimziPodSets are now enabled by default and used instead of StatefulSets.
* The `ServiceAccountPatching` feature gate moves to GA. It cannot be disabled anymore and will be permanently enabled.
* Remove Kafka 3.0.0 and 3.0.1
* Add network and CPU capacity overrides for Cruise Control capacity config
* Operator emits Kafka events to explain why it restarted a Kafka broker
For more details and installation files, go to https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.30.0-rc1
Any feedback can be provided on the Strimzi mailing list, on the #strimzi Slack channel on CNCF Slack or as a GitHub issue or discussion.
Thanks & Regards