Note: lists.cncf.io will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
[ANNOUNCE] [RELEASE] Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.30.0
Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.30.0 has been released. The main changes in this release include:
* The `UseStrimziPodSets` feature gate moves to beta stage. StrimziPodSets are now enabled by default and used instead of StatefulSets.
* The `ServiceAccountPatching` feature gate moves to GA. It cannot be disabled anymore and will be permanently enabled.
* Remove Kafka 3.0.0 and 3.0.1
* Add network and CPU capacity overrides for Cruise Control capacity config
* Operator emits Kubernetes events to explain why it restarted a Kafka broker
For more details and installation files, go to https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.30.0
You can also check a video about the main new features on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/8Le8nFbJBm8
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!
Thanks & Regards