[ANNOUNCE] [RELEASE] Strimzi Operators 0.25.0 released
Strimzi Operators 0.25.0 has been released. The main changes since the 0.24 release include:
* Move from Scala 2.12 to Scala 2.13
* Open Policy Agent authorizer updated to a new version supporting Scala 2.13
* Allow a custom password to be set for SCRAM-SHA-512 users by referencing a secret in the KafkaUser resource
* Add support for EnvVar Configuration Provider for Apache Kafka
* Add support for tls-external authentication to User Operator to allow management of ACLs and Quotas for TLS users with user certificates generated externally
* Support for disabling the automatic generation of network policies by the Cluster Operator
* Update User Operator to use Admin API for managing SCRAM-SHA-512 users
* Configure fixed size limit for emptyDir volumes used for temporary files
* Update Strimzi Kafka Bridge to 0.20.2
There are also several deprecations and removals. For more details and installation files, go to https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.25.0
We have also created a video about the changes in this release which you can watch on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/Ik1O7kRbtqA
Important: This release supports only the API version v1beta2 and CRD version apiextensions.k8s.io/v1. If upgrading from Strimzi 0.22, migration to v1beta2 needs to be completed for all Strimzi CRDs and CRs before the upgrade to 0.25 is done! If upgrading from Strimzi version earlier than 0.22, you need to first install the CRDs from Strimzi 0.22 and complete the migration to v1beta2 for all Strimzi CRDs and CRs before the upgrade to 0.25 is done! For more details about the CRD upgrades, see the documentation.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
Thanks & Regards