Date 1 - 1 of 1
[ANNOUNCE] [RELEASE] Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.20.0 released
Strimzi Operators 0.20.0 is now available with a lot of important changes and improvements. The main changes since the 0.19.0 release include:
* Add support for Kafka 2.5.1 and 2.6.0. Remove support for 2.4.0 and 2.4.1
* Make `listeners` configurable as an array and add support for more different listeners in single cluster
* Remove TLS sidecars from Kafka pods => Kafka now uses native TLS to connect to ZooKeeper
* Updated to Cruise Control 2.5.11, which adds Kafka 2.6.0 support and fixes a previous issue with CPU utilization statistics for containers. As a result, the CPUCapacityGoal has now been enabled.
* Configure Cluster Operator logging using ConfigMap instead of environment variable and support dynamic changes
* Switch to use the `AclAuthorizer` class for the `simple` Kafka authorization type. `AclAuthorizer` contains new features such as the ability to control the amount of authorization logs in the broker logs.
* Support dynamic logging configuration of Kafka, Kafka Connect, Kafka Connect S2I and Kafka MirrorMaker2
* Add support for `client.rack` property for Kafka Connect to use `fetch from closest replica` feature.
* Add support for configuring `hostAliases` in Pod templates
* Cruise Control metrics integration including a new Grafana dashboard
* Improved operators Grafana dashboard
* Improvements to OAuth authentication and Keycloak authorization
There are also some deprecations and removals which you should be aware of:
* Deprecation of the old listener configuration
* Removal of monitoring port on Kafka and ZooKeeper related services
* Deprecation of Kafka TLS sidecar configuration
0.20.0 will also be the last version of Strimzi that will support Kubernetes 1.11-1.15. Future versions will support Kubernetes 1.16+.
For more details and installation files, go to https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.20.0
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!
Thanks & Regards
|1 - 1 of 1|