[ANNOUNCE] [RELEASE] Strimzi Kafka Operators 0.18.0 released
Strimzi Kafka Operators version 0.18.0 has been released. The main new features since 0.17.0 include:
* Add possibility to set Java System Properties via custom resources
* Make it possible to configure PodManagementPolicy for StatefulSets
* Add more metrics to Cluster, User and Topic Operators
* New Grafana dashboard for Operator monitoring
* Allow `ssl.cipher.suites`, `ssl.protocol` and `ssl.enabled.protocols` to be configurable for Kafka and the different components supported by Strimzi
* Add support for user configurable SecurityContext for each Strimzi container
* Add support for Kafka 2.4.1 and 2.5.0
* Remove TLS sidecars from ZooKeeper pods, using native ZooKeeper TLS support instead
* Use Strimzi Kafka Bridge 0.16.0 with support for CORS in the HTTP protocol
* Pass HTTP Proxy configuration from operator to operands
* Add Cruise Control support
More details about the release and the download files are available on the Git Hub release page: https://github.com/strimzi/strimzi-kafka-operator/releases/tag/0.18.0. Documentation and Quick Starts can be found on our website https://strimzi.io/.
Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this release by raising issues, opening PRs etc.
On behalf of the Strimzi maintainers