From: <cncf-reference-architecture@...> on behalf of Geri Jennings <geri.jennings@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 13:42
To: "cncf-reference-architecture@..." <cncf-reference-architecture@...>
Subject: [cncf-reference-architecture] Clean up project names / descriptions?

Hello all,

I downloaded a CSV of the full landscape this afternoon, and the naming and descriptions are pretty inconsistent. Ideally the "name" field would give the product name and the description field would describe that product, but it's often the case that the description has very little information or describes the company instead of the product.

It's probably unreasonable at this point to expect the companies that submitted the original PRs to come back and edit their listings, but it would be great if the list were cleaner for people coming to see the list for the first time. Should I take a crack at rewriting some of it? Is it appropriate for someone not from the company that submitted it to edit a company's listing?

In addition, I downloaded the CSV because there wasn't a way on landscape.cncf.io to see the descriptions in the web UI view. I would like to suggest we consider adding a "list" view as an option besides the "card" view that would show more information to people who are browsing the landscape.

Geri Jennings
CyberArk

Join cncf-reference-architecture@lists.cncf.io to automatically receive all group messages.