Topics

Kubecon

Brian Putt

Are there plans on people meeting up at Kubecon to talk about OpenTelemetry and how they use it today/what the future of the project will look like?

Thanks,

Brian

Bruno Garcia

I'm attending KubeCon and would really like to meet and discuss that.

Morgan McLean

Most of the Google contributors will be attending as well. Thus far I know that two OpenTelemetry-related talks have been accepted: one regular track talk by Sergey and myself and our 90 minute long maintainer track session.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Bruno Garcia <bruno@...> wrote:

I'm attending KubeCon and would really like to meet and discuss that.

Ted Young

Shameless plug: I'm throwing the Observability Summit as a co-located event on Nov 18th. If you're going to Kubecon, you should attend! https://observabilitysummit.com. Lots of good discussion happening there.

It would be great to get some time during kubecon itself to have an OTel meetup.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Bruno Garcia <bruno@...> wrote:

I'm attending KubeCon and would really like to meet and discuss that.

Brian Putt

Now that Kubecon has arrived, thoughts on meeting up?

I'll suggest Tuesday at 730pm at the UNION Kitchen & Tap Gaslamp

Thanks,

Brian

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:54 PM Ted Young <ted@...> wrote:
Shameless plug: I'm throwing the Observability Summit as a co-located event on Nov 18th. If you're going to Kubecon, you should attend! https://observabilitysummit.com. Lots of good discussion happening there.

It would be great to get some time during kubecon itself to have an OTel meetup.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Bruno Garcia <bruno@...> wrote:

I'm attending KubeCon and would really like to meet and discuss that.

Tyler Benson

I think the expo hall is open pretty late on Tuesday so can I suggest Wednesday instead?

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 11:01 AM Brian Putt <puttbrian@...> wrote:
Now that Kubecon has arrived, thoughts on meeting up?

I'll suggest Tuesday at 730pm at the UNION Kitchen & Tap Gaslamp

Thanks,

Brian

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:54 PM Ted Young <ted@...> wrote:
Shameless plug: I'm throwing the Observability Summit as a co-located event on Nov 18th. If you're going to Kubecon, you should attend! https://observabilitysummit.com. Lots of good discussion happening there.

It would be great to get some time during kubecon itself to have an OTel meetup.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Bruno Garcia <bruno@...> wrote:

I'm attending KubeCon and would really like to meet and discuss that.

Brian Putt

Ya Wednesday works for me

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019, 13:46 Tyler Benson <tyler@...> wrote:
I think the expo hall is open pretty late on Tuesday so can I suggest Wednesday instead?

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 11:01 AM Brian Putt <puttbrian@...> wrote:
Now that Kubecon has arrived, thoughts on meeting up?

I'll suggest Tuesday at 730pm at the UNION Kitchen & Tap Gaslamp

Thanks,

Brian

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:54 PM Ted Young <ted@...> wrote:
Shameless plug: I'm throwing the Observability Summit as a co-located event on Nov 18th. If you're going to Kubecon, you should attend! https://observabilitysummit.com. Lots of good discussion happening there.

It would be great to get some time during kubecon itself to have an OTel meetup.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Bruno Garcia <bruno@...> wrote:

I'm attending KubeCon and would really like to meet and discuss that.

Yuri Shkuro

+1 Wednesday

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 4:52 PM Brian Putt <puttbrian@...> wrote:
[...]

Amelia Mango

[Independent of festivities on Wednesday evening]

Anyone in town for OPS/Kubecon is also welcome to swing by The Whiskey House (https://thewhiskeyhousesd.com/) tonight from 5:30-8pm. LightStep and Google are co-hosting and there will be drinks and a taco bar :-)

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 4:59 PM Yuri Shkuro via Lists.Cncf.Io <ys=uber.com@...> wrote:
[...]

Bogdan Drutu

+1 to meet :) you pick the time that works best for everyone :)

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019, 4:59 PM Yuri Shkuro via Lists.Cncf.Io <ys=uber.com@...> wrote:
[...]

+1 for Wednesday and for the 5:30 to 8:00 PM at the Whiskey House that Amelia mentioned

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:14 AM Bogdan Drutu via Lists.Cncf.Io <bdrutu=google.com@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the invite! Count me in.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 10:14 Amelia Mango <amelia@...> wrote:
[...]

I'm down for wednesday! Should we promote this elsewhere? Not everyone reads the mailing list, lol.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 11:35 AM Bruno Garcia <bruno@...> wrote:
[...]

Sure, feel free to share outward

I guess I'll let the Union Kitchen and Tap folks know about a 12ish person group. Let me know if you think we should plan for more.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019, 12:37 Ted Young <ted@...> wrote:
[...]

Armin Ruech

I'll join as well with four of my DT folks :)
When are we starting?

Thanks for organizing!

Reitbauer, Alois

Happy to join as well

From: <cncf-opentelemetry-community@...> on behalf of "armin.ruech via Lists.Cncf.Io" <armin.ruech=dynatrace.com@...>
Reply to: "cncf-opentelemetry-community@..." <cncf-opentelemetry-community@...>
Date: Wednesday, 20. November 2019 at 08:34
To: "cncf-opentelemetry-community@..." <cncf-opentelemetry-community@...>
Subject: Re: [opentelemetry-community] Kubecon

I'll join as well with four of my DT folks :)
When are we starting?

Thanks for organizing!

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria, Freistädterstraße 313

Vineeth Reddy

Hey!

I am new to open-telemetry, would love to meet you guys. Looking forward in contributing to OT.
Count me in for the meetup. :)

Thanks for the invite.

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019, 11:01 Brian Putt <puttbrian@...> wrote:
Now that Kubecon has arrived, thoughts on meeting up?

I'll suggest Tuesday at 730pm at the UNION Kitchen & Tap Gaslamp

Thanks,

Brian

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:54 PM Ted Young <ted@...> wrote:
Shameless plug: I'm throwing the Observability Summit as a co-located event on Nov 18th. If you're going to Kubecon, you should attend! https://observabilitysummit.com. Lots of good discussion happening there.

It would be great to get some time during kubecon itself to have an OTel meetup.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 8:11 AM Bruno Garcia <bruno@...> wrote:

I'm attending KubeCon and would really like to meet and discuss that.

Venkata Bhumireddy

Hi,
I am also new and now I am in Charlotte. I can contribute to open telemetry. Please let me know.
I am currently working to bridge open telemetry to open tracing with one configuration. From micrometer to jaeger. Please share me your thoughts on this.

Best Regards,
Venkata Bhumireddy.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:17 PM Vineeth Reddy <vineethbfhs@...> wrote:
[...]

I look forward to meeting everyone at 730pm at the UNION Kitchen & Tap Gaslamp

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, 09:24 Venkata Bhumireddy <starzbhumi@...> wrote:
[...]

I'll be there, thanks for organizing!