Conduit 0.3 milestone

Kevin Lingerfelt <k...@...>

Hello conduit devs,

In anticipation of the upcoming 0.3 release, we've created a milestone on Github with all of the issues that are candidates for the release, viewable here.

At present many of the issues are unassigned. If you're looking to help out, please reference the list of unassigned issues. Just leave a comment on the issue to let us know that you're working on it.

And don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions about these issues or the upcoming release.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Lingerfelt <k...@...>

Hello again,

The Conduit 0.3 release is happening this week. All outstanding issues and pull requests have been added to the Conduit 0.3 milestone on GitHub. Please have all branches for the release submitted by the end of the day today, so that we can merge them and code freeze by noon tomorrow (2/20). Please also help with reviewing all outstanding pull requests for the release, viewable here. Let me know if there are any questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Brian Smith <br...@...>

Kevin Lingerfelt <k...@buoyant.io> wrote:
Hello again,

The Conduit 0.3 release is happening this week. All outstanding issues and
pull requests have been added to the Conduit 0.3 milestone on GitHub. Please
have all branches for the release submitted by the end of the day today, so
that we can merge them and code freeze by noon tomorrow (2/20). Please also
help with reviewing all outstanding pull requests for the release, viewable
here. Let me know if there are any questions or issues.
When working on [1] I stumbled across a potential problem that I filed
as a new issue blocking the 0.3 release at [2].

I think that we need to reconsider whether the DNS resolution can
really safely and accurately happen in the Destination service. We've
tried really hard to make it work, but it almost seems inevitable that
we need to move it to the proxy itself. This affects whether we should
even try to fix #62 at all and if affects whether we should even keep
working on [3].

[1] https://github.com/runconduit/conduit/issues/62
[2] https://github.com/runconduit/conduit/issues/392
[3] https://github.com/runconduit/conduit/pull/360

Cheers,
Brian

Kevin Lingerfelt <k...@...>

Just wanted to follow up regarding the DNS issue. An alternate approach is reviewable here.

Once that pull request merges, we'll be in code freeze for the master branch until tomorrow's release. Please refrain from merging any pull request that is not part of the Conduit 0.3 milestone. I'll send another update to this list after the release is out and it's ok to start merging approved pull requests again.

Kevin