Topics

Beta hiccups

Clyde

Hello,

As I'm sure you've deduced if you've been monitoring this channel we've hit the (inevitable?) beta speedbump with a rash of exams not being ready. The team is working feverishly to get the patches into production and we expect to have things flowing smoothly for next week's testing window (Mon-Friday). Really appreciate everyone's patience as we work through it.

For fastest response, and to ensure that your request doesn't get lost, please report any problems with taking the exam to us at certificationsupport@cncf.io

Thanks for your patience. We're acutely aware that many of you are very focused on qualifying for the inaugural list of KCSP's and we'll do whatever we can to ensure that these glitches don't affect your ability to qualify in.

I'm also able to report that the passing score for the exam has now been confirmed - it will be 74%. As we noted in the registration materials, many of you would have received the automated score reports that are triggered 3 days after your exam. Those results should be completely ignored as the individual question weights have only just been finalized. We'll be in touch Friday with an update on your actual passing status (and with a free retake already available should you need to have another go).

Regards

Clyde

--
Clyde Seepersad
General Manager, Training & Certification

Michael Hausenblas

I'm also able to report that the passing score for the exam has now been
confirmed - it will be 74%. As we noted in the registration materials,
many of you would have received the automated score reports that are
triggered 3 days after your exam. Those results should be completely
ignored as the individual question weights have only just been
finalized. We'll be in touch Friday with an update on your actual
passing status (and with a free retake already available should you need
to have another go).
This is interesting. Can you maybe expand on how the 74% were
established? I took my exam yesterday and my impression is that
there’s still a lot of room for improvement. It feels rather
unbalanced, one scenario simply didn’t work and in at least 3 cases it
was unclear what exactly the ask is. Not nitpicking about the fact
that sometimes non-standard terminology is used ;)

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

[...]

Hi Michael,

The passing score was set by a committee of 8 experts from the K8s community working with a highly experienced psychometrician. They derived the passing score bottoms up by evaluating each question for difficulty and forecasting how well the typical 'minimally qualified candidate' would do. These were then summed to derive the score.

We are aware of the error with the pv sort and will adjust for it on affected exams. We're also fine tuning the phrasing of questions - the beta has been very helpful in providing us feedback of where greater clarity is needed.

Regards

Clyde

On 08/30/2017 09:49 PM, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
[...]

Got it, thanks. And all the 8 experts have taken the exam as well, I assume?

We are aware of the error with the pv sort and will adjust for it on
affected exams.
I can’t remember which question it was, but I do remember the cluster,
it was ‘ek8s’ where I got a connection error and couldn’t proceed.

We're also fine tuning the phrasing of questions - the
beta has been very helpful in providing us feedback of where greater
clarity is needed.
Ah, so how do I as a beta tester provide feedback? So far I only got a
follow-up mail to a surveymonkey link where no content exists …

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

[...]

Inline...

On 08/30/2017 10:05 PM, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
The passing score was set by a committee of 8 experts from the K8s
community working with a highly experienced psychometrician. They
derived the passing score bottoms up by evaluating each question for
difficulty and forecasting how well the typical 'minimally qualified
candidate' would do. These were then summed to derive the score.
Got it, thanks. And all the 8 experts have taken the exam as well, I assume?
Correct, they took the exam and also reviewed the questions while making their determination

We are aware of the error with the pv sort and will adjust for it on
affected exams.
I can’t remember which question it was, but I do remember the cluster,
it was ‘ek8s’ where I got a connection error and couldn’t proceed.

We're also fine tuning the phrasing of questions - the
beta has been very helpful in providing us feedback of where greater
clarity is needed.
Ah, so how do I as a beta tester provide feedback? So far I only got a
follow-up mail to a surveymonkey link where no content exists …
Please email your feedback to certificationsupport@cncf.io (the surveymonkey link will be live once we formally launch).

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

[...]

Thanks for confirming this.

Please email your feedback to certificationsupport@cncf.io (the
surveymonkey link will be live once we formally launch).
Got it.

Cheers,
Michael

--