Topics

Available resource during the exam | questions

Tomasz Kapałka <tomasz.kapalka@...>

Hey Team

Could you please verify what kind resources can be used during the exam.

CKA Candidate Handbook stays:

In one point:

Policy on Tools and Resources During Exams:

“browse for and use technical documentation, including downloading and installing

templates and other technical assets. An example of a good resource is,

https://kubernetes.io/docs/reference/ .”

And in the next: resources forbidden during the exam:

“Documentation”

“Exam-specific assets, meaning those created by (or with the assistance of) those with

prior exposure to the exam content and for the purpose of providing specific assistance

to a candidate taking the CKA exam.”

For me those two points are mutually exclusive.

Could you please clarify if I can or can’t use all the technical documentation from https://kubernetes.io/docs/home

Can I use examples of manifests presented on kubernetes.io page?

BR

Tomasz Kapalka

Caio Begotti

During Kubecon replies may come in slowly, so I figured I could chime in. When I got my CKA few months ago anything from kubernetes.io was within OK boundaries so yes they should be good to use and the exam proctor will accept it. Unless things have changed recently.

On 7 Dec 2017, at 07:01, Tomasz Kapałka <tomasz.kapalka@...> wrote:

[...]

Liz Kline

Hello Tomasz,

You are referencing a previous version of the Candidate Handbook. The discrepancy you describe was corrected in this version:
Certified Kubernetes Administrator  Candidate Handbook  Version 1.4  Updated November 22, 2017

The text now reads:

The following resources are forbidden during the exam:

  • ...

  • Documentation (other than Kubernetes technical documentation)

  • ...

Tomasz, you may go to the CKA certification web site here https://www.cncf.io/certification/expert/ and download the latest version of the CKA Candidate Handbook to see the revision on page 20.

Best of luck with the exam,

Liz Kline
Certification Manager
The Linux Foundation
m:  (512) 694-4605 (Central Time)
e:  lkline@...

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:01 AM, Tomasz Kapałka <tomasz.kapalka@...> wrote:

[...]

Hey Caio

Thanks for the information.

In the meantime I have received a confirmation from Linux Foundation that new Candidate Handbook has been released (CKA Candidate Handbook v1.4)  and it stays:

The following resources are forbidden during the exam:

  • Documentation (other than Kubernetes technical documentation)

I have been told that using official kubernetes.io docs and templates IS ALLOWED.

Thanks again

BR

Tomek