Date

Re: [Customer Support #45224] [linuxfoundation.org #45224] Re: Issues with beta exam, question about rescheduling

Oleg Atamanenko

Hello Jonas,

It doesn’t show me option to reschedule exam.
The only available option is to re-register for exam.

Could you please help?

Regards,
Oleg.

On Sep 1, 2017, at 07:12, Jonas Cavalcanti via RT <customersupport@...> wrote:

Srikar,

The CKA beta has added five additional testing days:  *9/4 - 9/8.* You may
schedule now to sit for the beta on those days. If you have been issued a
retake, you may use it then. (No dates are open 9/1 - 9/3.)

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:07 PM, Srikar Ananthula <
ananthulasrikar@...> wrote:

I registered on August 11, 2017, but failed to attempt since the exam is
not loading.

I registered again on Sep 1, 2017, and now I see a different error. When
contacted support "I notice you have a LF exam. These exams have had errors
uploading in our system today"

Launch Status: Delivery partner doesn't have the exam ready

Now even 2nd attempt also failed :(

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Oleg Atamanenko <oleg.atamanenko@...
wrote:

Hi!

As other people mentioned, there are some issues with beta exam.

I also faced it today, my exam was not ready on time, so I didn’t have a
chance to take an exam.

Questions:

1. When will it be possible to reschedule exam? As noted in previous
e-mails there will be a extension for 9/4 - 9/8?
2. If for some reason I will not pass, will there be another possibility
to retake exam? Strictly speaking it should be, because first attempt even
didn’t happen because of the system error.

Thank you.

Regards,
Oleg.

~ srikar.io

*Jonas Cavalcanti*

Fone: +5585986872577 | Skype: jonas.neto9

RedHat:

RHCSA | RHCE | RH Server Hrdening | RHJB248

ID:150-087-658

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Oleg Atamanenko <oleg.atamanenko@gmail.com
wrote:
[...]

Jonas Cavalcanti

[...]

giovanni.tirloni@gmail.com via RT <customersupport@...>

I experienced the same situation yesterday. Hitting F5 every other minute
kept saying the it wasn't ready.

Then it occurred to me that the information could be stale. So I went back
to the LF training portal and again clicked on "take exam". It once again
brought me to examslocal's website but now it was showing as ready.

Either I was extremely lucky and this doesn't fix anything (i.e. the
proctor got the exam ready when I was doing the process I explained above)
or the way the exam page is loaded really makes a difference.

Giovanni Tirloni <giovanni.tirloni@...>

On Aug 31, 2017 22:07, "Srikar Ananthula" <ananthulasrikar@...> wrote:
[...]

mekaushi@cisco.com via RT <customersupport@...>

+1.

Faced similar issue on 2nd attempt today (after a similar “could not load” failure on first attempt).

Meenakshi

From: <cncf-kubernetescertwg-bounces@lists.cncf.io> on behalf of Srikar Ananthula <ananthulasrikar@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 6:07 PM
To: "cncf-kubernetescertwg@lists.cncf.io" <cncf-kubernetescertwg@lists.cncf.io>, "certificationsupport@linuxfoundation.org" <certificationsupport@linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [cncf-kubernetescertwg] Issues with beta exam, question about rescheduling

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Oleg Atamanenko <oleg.atamanenko@gmail.com<mailto:oleg.atamanenko@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi!

As other people mentioned, there are some issues with beta exam.

I also faced it today, my exam was not ready on time, so I didn’t have a chance to take an exam.

Questions:

1. When will it be possible to reschedule exam? As noted in previous e-mails there will be a extension for 9/4 - 9/8?
2. If for some reason I will not pass, will there be another possibility to retake exam? Strictly speaking it should be, because first attempt even didn’t happen because of the system error.

Thank you.

Regards,
Oleg.

~ srikar.io<http://srikar.io>

Re: Issues with beta exam, question about rescheduling

Meenakshi Kaushik

From: <cncf-kubernetescertwg-bounces@...> on behalf of Srikar Ananthula <ananthulasrikar@...>
Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 6:07 PM
To: "cncf-kubernetescertwg@..." <cncf-kubernetescertwg@...>, "certificationsupport@..." <certificationsupport@...>

[...]

Srikar

[...]

K8s Certification Update - August 31, 2017: CKA beta dates extended

Liz Kline

Hello Kubernetes Certification Working Group!

The CKA beta has added five additional testing days:  9/4 - 9/8. You may schedule now to sit for the beta on those days. If you have been issued a retake, you may use it then. (No dates are open 9/1 - 9/3.)

If you have already taken the beta, you will be sent your score by 9/2. If you do not pass, you will be automatically issued a retake eligibility to use between 9/4 - 9/8.

If you were unable to take the exam due to a system error, you will be notified by 9/2 and automatically issued a retake eligibility to use between 9/4 - 9/8 (you simply log into your portal again and the new attempt will be there for you to proceed with scheduling).

For fastest response, and to ensure that your request doesn't get lost, please report any problems with taking the exam to us at certificationsupport@...

Thanks to all of you who have provided feedback on the exam throughout the beta process. Your support of the CNCF certification program is greatly appreciated!

Liz Kline
Certification Manager
The Linux Foundation
Skype:  liz.kline.co
m:  (512) 694-4605 (Central Time)
e:  lkline@...

Re: Beta hiccups

Michael Hausenblas

Correct, they took the exam and also reviewed the questions while making
their determination
Thanks for confirming this.

Please email your feedback to certificationsupport@cncf.io (the
surveymonkey link will be live once we formally launch).
Got it.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

From: Clyde Seepersad
Reply: Clyde Seepersad
Date: 31 August 2017 at 04:00:43
To: Michael Hausenblas
Cc: cncf-kubernetescertwg@lists.cncf.io

Hi Michael,

The passing score was set by a committee of 8 experts from the K8s
community working with a highly experienced psychometrician. They
derived the passing score bottoms up by evaluating each question for
difficulty and forecasting how well the typical 'minimally qualified
candidate' would do. These were then summed to derive the score.

We are aware of the error with the pv sort and will adjust for it on
affected exams. We're also fine tuning the phrasing of questions - the
beta has been very helpful in providing us feedback of where greater
clarity is needed.

Regards

Clyde

On 08/30/2017 09:49 PM, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
I'm also able to report that the passing score for the exam has now been
confirmed - it will be 74%. As we noted in the registration materials,
many of you would have received the automated score reports that are
triggered 3 days after your exam. Those results should be completely
ignored as the individual question weights have only just been
finalized. We'll be in touch Friday with an update on your actual
passing status (and with a free retake already available should you need
to have another go).
This is interesting. Can you maybe expand on how the 74% were
established? I took my exam yesterday and my impression is that
there’s still a lot of room for improvement. It feels rather
unbalanced, one scenario simply didn’t work and in at least 3 cases it
was unclear what exactly the ask is. Not nitpicking about the fact
that sometimes non-standard terminology is used ;)

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

[...]

We are aware of the error with the pv sort and will adjust for it on affected exams. We're also fine tuning the phrasing of questions - the beta has been very helpful in providing us feedback of where greater clarity is needed.

[...]

Retake exam

Angelica Hernandez

Hi,

All week I'd been working trying to  reschedule the exam,

And not options appear, could you please enable me to retake the exam, for other time, my config code is Conf Code: 674-146

Re: exam have not launched yet in the exam portal

Ishara Fernando

Hi Liz

My CKA exam is scheduled for today (2017-Aug-31 11.00AM IST)  and will commence in about another 3 hours time . Can you kindly confirm that i won't face the problems faced as per the candidates has pointed in this email thread ?

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 5:06 AM, Meenakshi Kaushik (mekaushi) <mekaushi@...> wrote:

Greetings Brad,

I had same issue yesterday, I contacted Liz Kline lkline@... and she issued a retake CKA beta. I had to schedule it before 8/31.

Best,

Meenakshi

From: <cncf-kubernetescertwg-bounces@lists.cncf.io> on behalf of Jonas Cavalcanti <jonascavalcantineto@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 4:27 PM
To: Brad Lee <blnr102@...>
Cc: "cncf-kubernetescertwg@...ncf.io" <cncf-kubernetescertwg@...ncf.io>
Subject: Re: [cncf-kubernetescertwg] exam have not launched yet in the exam portal

I have the same problem here.

I already open an call in rt.linuxfoundation.org. I am waiting a contact

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Brad Lee <blnr102@...> wrote:

Hello,

I have the same problem here.

On the examslocal.com the launch status was "Delivery partner doesn't have the exam ready"

It was also showed "Please wait ... Exam is loading".

An employee of  examslocal also confirmed me that the exam has not become ready and it has to be rescheduled.

How is about the deadline of 31/08 when I reschedule it?

Best,

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Walid <walid.shaari@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have been waiting over 30 minutes and no exam is ready yet, what should i do?

Jonas Cavalcanti

Fone: +5585986872577 | Skype: jonas.neto9

RedHat:

RHCSA | RHCE | RH Server Hrdening | RHJB248

ID:150-087-658

Re: exam have not launched yet in the exam portal

Liz Kline

Hello Brad,

I am sorry your exam did not provision. On 9/1 additional testing time slots will be opened for Monday 9/4 UTC 00:01hrs through Friday 9/8 UTC 23:59 hrs (no slots 9/1-9/3). Those candidates whose test did not provision or who did not pass will automatically be issued a retake eligibility to use between 9/4 - 9/8.

For fastest response, and to ensure that your request doesn't get lost, please report any additional problems with taking the exam to us at certificationsupport@...

In case you missed it, below is a message from earlier today about the exam status.

As I'm sure you've deduced if you've been monitoring this channel (cncf-kubernetescertwg@lists.cncf.io) we've hit the (inevitable?) beta speedbump with a rash of exams not being ready. The team is working feverishly to get the patches into production and we expect to have things flowing smoothly for next week's testing window (Mon-Friday). Really appreciate everyone's patience as we work through it.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Brad Lee <blnr102@...> wrote:
Hello,

I have the same problem here.
On the examslocal.com the launch status was "Delivery partner doesn't have the exam ready"
It was also showed "Please wait ... Exam is loading".

An employee of  examslocal also confirmed me that the exam has not become ready and it has to be rescheduled.
How is about the deadline of 31/08 when I reschedule it?

Best,

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Walid <walid.shaari@...> wrote:
Hi,

I have been waiting over 30 minutes and no exam is ready yet, what should i do?

Re: exam have not launched yet in the exam portal

M.Karthikeyan

Hi,

I've scheduled CKA-beta @examslocal,  Launch Status: Exam is not deliverable until 8/31/2017. How about the deadline 8/31.

Best Regards,

[...]

[...]