Re: CNCF AMIs and Marketplace

alexis richardson

Joe,

As far as I was aware, this work lives in SIG-AWS. Stuart has been at
most of the SIG-AWS meetings, but missed the last two due to a
personal matter.

--> In any case: I strongly agree that we should push this thing on.
Keen to do whatever I can here.

Kris, all,

Can we organise a supernumerary SIG-AWS at the Kubernetes F2F? Luke
will attend from Weaveworks -- alas I cannot attend this time as it is
everyone's mid-semester children's holidays in the UK, and I'm on a
long-planned trip to Lisbon* with family.

alexis

*) All, I urge you to visit this place.

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Joe Beda <joe@...> wrote:
I was under the assumption that this was being driven by sig-aws but Stuart
hasn't been to any meetings and no one there has had any details.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-i0xQidlXnFEP9fXHWkBxqySkXwJnrGJP9OGyP2_P14

What group is stuart working with? When are the meetings? Mailing lists?

Joe

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 9:50 AM Dan Kohn <@dankohn> wrote:

On the CNCF side, https://github.com/cncf/images is waiting for its first
push, and I can give write access who wants it.

On the AWS store side, we had some legal delays because of LF anxiety that
this will actually be the first ever object code that the LF has taken
responsibility for shipping, and that brings up some patent issues that are
unique versus source code. But, I've now worked those out with LF legal, and
we will be ready to go live by the end of June (if not sooner), so that we
can get the click-through license drafted.

So, I would encourage this group to work on the build scripts to assemble
one or more AMIs, assuming the interest is still there.

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 4:24 AM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...>
wrote:

Hi all

Stuart was driving this but had a personal matter to attend to.

Would it be ok to schedule an update for a future call?

On Sat, 27 May 2017, 02:00 Kris Nova, <@knova> wrote:

I completely agree,

I've been asking for updates for a few meetings now, maybe we can try to
get more of a formal update call? Any volunteers?

Kris Nova
(415)-619-0607
Sent from my iPhone

On 26. May 2017, at 17:36, Joe Beda <joe@...> wrote:

Just curious, but who is driving this? We've asked at the last couple
of SIG-AWS meetings but no one was there to speak to the current status. It
would be great to have wider buy in from the SIG-AWS sig as this moves
forward.

Joe

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 1:16 PM Dan Kohn <@dankohn>
wrote:

Let's do directories for projects for now. At some point, it may make
sense to move this to kubernetes-incubator.

https://github.com/cncf/images

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Chris Love <chris@...>
wrote:

Dan

Images is fine if we are going to create more than one type of image.
I.E. Kubernetes, and other types of images.

Otherwise I would do kubernetes-os-images, kubernetes-images or
something like that.

Github id: chrislovecnm

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On May 23, 2017, at 1:20 PM, Dan Kohn <@dankohn> wrote:

is cncf/images an OK name? Could you please send me GitHub IDs of
people who want write access (no need to send to list)?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Kris Nova <@knova> wrote:

If we can create a repo under CNCF and give a handful of the
stakeholders here admin/merge permissions that seems like the best path, or
at least the path of least resistance.

Anyway that would be my vote, thoughts everyone else?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Dan Kohn <@dankohn>
wrote:

We had a hold up with Linux Foundation legal, who had concerns on
what the click-wrap license should say. Please give me a couple days and
I'll send an update here.

What's the status of a open source repo for building the AMI? Shall
I create a new repo under CNCF, or will you host it under
kubernetes-incubator?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Alexis Richardson
<alexis@...> wrote:

Yes, what's happening?

On Tue, 23 May 2017, 19:33 Aiken, David via cncf-images,
<cncf-images@...> wrote:

Hey folks, just checking in on this. Any update on getting it
submitted into Marketplace?

From: <cncf-images-bounces@...> on behalf of Brett
Preston <@bprestonlf>
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 7:10 AM
To: Rick Spencer <rick@...>
Cc: "cncf-images@..." <cncf-images@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-images] CNCF AMIs and Marketplace

re: CNCF was in the process of being accepted as a vendor into the
AWS market place. I assume that this step has been successful?

We just received our acceptance notification. Just finishing up
the paperwork then we will be good to go -

Thanks,

Brett

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 5:51 AM, Rick Spencer <rick@...>
wrote:

Hello all,

I guess I will get the list kicked off.

As I understand it, the CNCF was in the process of being accepted
as a vendor into the AWS market place. I assume that this step has been
successful?

Do I understand correctly a Kube AMI is the first target? I would
be very interested to learn more about this, the next steps, and how can we
(Bitnami) help? I saw that Joe and Chris were interested in joining forces
as well.

Is there someone where I can read more details that are being
planned?

Cheers, Rick

Brett Preston

The Linux Foundation

+1 (971) 303-9030
@bprestonlf

Google Talk: @bprestonlf

Skype: bprestoncf

Dan Kohn <mailto:@dankohn>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation
<https://cncf.io/>
tel:+1-415-233-1000

Kris Nova
nivenly.com