Re: CNCF AMIs and Marketplace

Chris Love

Dan

Images is fine if we are going to create more than one type of image. I.E. Kubernetes, and other types of images.

Otherwise I would do kubernetes-os-images, kubernetes-images or something like that.

Github id: chrislovecnm

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On May 23, 2017, at 1:20 PM, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:

is cncf/images an OK name? Could you please send me GitHub IDs of people who want write access (no need to send to list)?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Kris Nova <kris@...> wrote:
If we can create a repo under CNCF and give a handful of the stakeholders here admin/merge permissions that seems like the best path, or at least the path of least resistance.

Anyway that would be my vote, thoughts everyone else?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Dan Kohn <dan@...> wrote:
We had a hold up with Linux Foundation legal, who had concerns on what the click-wrap license should say. Please give me a couple days and I'll send an update here.

What's the status of a open source repo for building the AMI? Shall I create a new repo under CNCF, or will you host it under kubernetes-incubator?

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Alexis Richardson <alexis@...> wrote:

Yes, what's happening?

On Tue, 23 May 2017, 19:33 Aiken, David via cncf-images, <cncf-images@...> wrote:

Hey folks, just checking in on this. Any update on getting it submitted into Marketplace?

From: <cncf-images-bounces@...f.io> on behalf of Brett Preston <bpreston@...>
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 7:10 AM
To: Rick Spencer <rick@...>
Cc: "cncf-images@..." <cncf-images@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-images] CNCF AMIs and Marketplace

re: CNCF was in the process of being accepted as a vendor into the AWS market place. I assume that this step has been successful?

We just received our acceptance notification. Just finishing up the paperwork then we will be good to go -

Thanks,

Brett

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 5:51 AM, Rick Spencer <rick@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I guess I will get the list kicked off.

As I understand it, the CNCF was in the process of being accepted as a vendor into the AWS market place. I assume that this step has been successful?

Do I understand correctly a Kube AMI is the first target? I would be very interested to learn more about this, the next steps, and how can we (Bitnami) help? I saw that Joe and Chris were interested in joining forces as well.

Is there someone where I can read more details that are being planned?

Cheers, Rick

Brett Preston

The Linux Foundation

Skype: bprestoncf