From: cncf-helm@... <cncf-helm@...> on behalf of Matt Fisher via Lists.Cncf.Io <matt.fisher=microsoft.com@...>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 12:38 PM
To: cncf-helm@... <cncf-helm@...>; matt@... <matt@...>
Cc: cncf-helm@... <cncf-helm@...>
Subject: Re: [cncf-helm] localizing Helm docs [feedback requested]

Something I was interested in looking into was the Microsoft Translator API. From its description,

> [...] that developers can easily integrate into their applications websites, tools, or any solution requiring multi-language support such as website localization, e-commerce, customer support, messaging applications, internal communication, and more.

I have not tried this program yet, but we could potentially use our Azure sponsorship money to consume this service and provide localization support for the website.

I'd be most curious to see how it'd handle syntax and code blocks.

1504220459230_microsoft.png

Matthew Fisher

Caffeinated Software Engineer

Microsoft Canada

The Helm website and docs are setup for localization / i18n. The flow of contributing translations is the same as contributing docs and code.

This has left me wondering... should Helm use some outside tooling to make the translation process easier? Is there something you're familiar with and would suggest? To seed the conversation, I was looking at https://gitlocalize.com/.

Do you have any tips or pointers? We want to make the process easier. Especially for non-devs.

- Matt Farina

Re: localizing Helm docs [feedback requested]

Matt Fisher <matt.fisher@...>

Something I was interested in looking into was the Microsoft Translator API. From its description,

> [...] that developers can easily integrate into their applications websites, tools, or any solution requiring multi-language support such as website localization, e-commerce, customer support, messaging applications, internal communication, and more.

I have not tried this program yet, but we could potentially use our Azure sponsorship money to consume this service and provide localization support for the website.

I'd be most curious to see how it'd handle syntax and code blocks.

1504220459230_microsoft.png

Matthew Fisher

Caffeinated Software Engineer

Microsoft Canada

The Helm website and docs are setup for localization / i18n. The flow of contributing translations is the same as contributing docs and code.

This has left me wondering... should Helm use some outside tooling to make the translation process easier? Is there something you're familiar with and would suggest? To seed the conversation, I was looking at https://gitlocalize.com/.

Do you have any tips or pointers? We want to make the process easier. Especially for non-devs.

- Matt Farina

localizing Helm docs [feedback requested]

Matt Farina

The Helm website and docs are setup for localization / i18n. The flow of contributing translations is the same as contributing docs and code.

This has left me wondering... should Helm use some outside tooling to make the translation process easier? Is there something you're familiar with and would suggest? To seed the conversation, I was looking at https://gitlocalize.com/.

Do you have any tips or pointers? We want to make the process easier. Especially for non-devs.

- Matt Farina

Link for resolving a specified task

Sara Ben Shabbat <sarabenshabbat@...>

Hi,

I'm a DevOps course student.
I am now in the final project phase of the course, and I was required to deploy Prometheus operator via helm and grafana.

Can you please, send me a link to a helpful guide for this task.
(- From the begging till the end, which means - how to install helm with the appropriate version for the desired chart etc...)
Of course, I googled it but all the guides didn't bring me to the desired solution.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Sara Ben Shabbat
sarabenshabbat@... | 972-55-6790404

Re: Helm

lmadan@...

Thanks Matthew, for your response.

I don't believe the problem is with type. I tried with $, but getting the null pointer exception. <.Values.common >: nil pointer evaluating interface {}.mypath. I believe there's some scoping issues or some hidden bug, because if i remove the sub charts then parent chart is able to resolve the value, but if i have the sub charts then it barfs about the issue.

Regards,
Lokesh

Re: Helm

Matt Fisher <matt.fisher@...>

In other words, you are passing a function a string when it expected an object. If you change your function call to the type it expects, that should solve your error.

From: Raghavan "Rags" N. Srinivas <rags@...>
Date: Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 6:20 PM
Subject: Urgent: Helm CNCF webinar
To: Matt Butcher <Matt.Butcher@...>, Matt Fisher <Matt.Fisher@...>, <rags@...>

Matt and Matt:

Hope you both are well?

Great opportunity here but need a quick turnaround (apologies for reaching out a bit late). I can reach out to the larger Helm group if needed (since this is somewhat time bound).

Hayley (my colleague) is doing a talk at Kubecon.

She also produced the following report.

she's also been invited by CNCF to do a webinar on Feb. 25th.

I was suggesting a more general agenda than the report. I'll moderate. I'll work on title/abstract, etc. with inputs from everyone.

History of Helm and the Helm summit [Matt Butcher - https://www.infoq.com/news/2019/09/helm-butcher/]
Helm state of the union and roadmap [Matt Fisher - https://www.infoq.com/news/2019/11/helm3-matt-fisher/]
The untold tale of Helm Chart Security [Hayley]

Deadlines.

Abstract, title, speakers are due 2/11
Webinar starts with a sound check at 9:30 am PT on 2/25 and runs from 10-11.

Please confirm ASAP if interested (hope you are) and can we meet the deadlines and if you want to tweak the agenda?

Thanks!

Rags

161 - 180 of 454