Date

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

Matt Farina

I accept the nomination

As a quick reminder, the phase we are in is where people are nominated and need to accept the nomination. Any selection from the nominees comes after this part of the process.

mattfarina.com

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

Matt Butcher <matt.butcher@...>

+1

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Butcher

Matt Butcher <matt.butcher@...>

I accept the nomination.

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

Rimas

+1

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Butcher

Rimas

+1

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Butcher

Ankush Chadha

+1

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 2:24 PM, Martin Hickey <martin.hickey@...> wrote:

+1

From: "Nikhil Manchanda" <slicknik@...>
To: jdolitsky@...
Cc: Matt Farina <matt@...>, cncf-helm@...
Date: 09/09/2018 09:42
Subject: Re: [cncf-helm] Helm Org Nomination: Matt Butcher
Sent by: cncf-helm@...

+1 from me!

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 7:46 PM Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...> wrote:
    +1

    On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
    I nominate Matt Butcher (a.k.a. technosophos) for Helm Org Maintainer.

Ankush Chadha | Senior Solution Developer

From: "Nikhil Manchanda" <slicknik@...>
To: david@...
Cc: jdolitsky@..., cncf-helm@...
Date: 09/09/2018 09:43
Sent by: cncf-helm@...

+1 from me!

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM David Karlsen <davidkarlsen@...> wrote:

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

Reinhard Nägele

+1

Am 09.09.2018 um 13:20 schrieb Pavel Nikolov <me@...>:

+1

Sent from my phone

On 9 Sep 2018, at 18:42, Nikhil Manchanda <slicknik@...> wrote:

+1 from me!

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM David Karlsen <davidkarlsen@...> wrote:
+1

Den søn. 9. sep. 2018 kl. 05:10 skrev Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...>:
I nominate Matt Farina for Helm Org Maintainer.

See Helm Governance

--

Am 09.09.2018 um 10:42 schrieb Nikhil Manchanda <slicknik@...>:

+1 from me!

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 7:46 PM Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...> wrote:
+1

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
I nominate Matt Butcher (a.k.a. technosophos) for Helm Org Maintainer.

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

Pavel Nikolov <me@...>

+1

Sent from my phone

On 9 Sep 2018, at 18:42, Nikhil Manchanda <slicknik@...> wrote:

+1 from me!

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM David Karlsen <davidkarlsen@...> wrote:
+1

Den søn. 9. sep. 2018 kl. 05:10 skrev Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...>:
I nominate Matt Farina for Helm Org Maintainer.

See Helm Governance

--

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

Nikhil Manchanda

+1 from me!

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM David Karlsen <davidkarlsen@...> wrote:
+1

Den søn. 9. sep. 2018 kl. 05:10 skrev Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...>:
I nominate Matt Farina for Helm Org Maintainer.

See Helm Governance

--

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Butcher

Nikhil Manchanda

+1 from me!

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 7:46 PM Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...> wrote:
+1

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
I nominate Matt Butcher (a.k.a. technosophos) for Helm Org Maintainer.

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

David Karlsen

+1

Den søn. 9. sep. 2018 kl. 05:10 skrev Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...>:

I nominate Matt Farina for Helm Org Maintainer.

See Helm Governance

--

Helm Org Nomination: Matt Farina

Josh Dolitsky

I nominate Matt Farina for Helm Org Maintainer.

See Helm Governance

Re: Helm Org Nomination: Matt Butcher

Josh Dolitsky

+1

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
I nominate Matt Butcher (a.k.a. technosophos) for Helm Org Maintainer.

Helm Org Nomination: Matt Butcher

Matt Farina

I nominate Matt Butcher (a.k.a. technosophos) for Helm Org Maintainer.

New Governance and Elections

Matt Farina

When Helm was under Kubernetes it relied on Kuberenetes governance. Now that Helm is a CNCF incubating project we need governance of our own. You can learn about the in the blog post with the details title “New Governance and Elections”.

One of the new elements is the selection of Helm Org Maintainers. If you’re familiar with the Kuberentes steering committee it’s a similar concept. Since Helm is smaller in scope, number of contributors, and governance complexity the work is simpler.

For the next 3 weeks (until 9/28 at 12pm PT) anyone who has contributed to a project under Helm can nominate a project maintainer to be an org maintainer. Project maintainers are those who maintain the code such as Helm core, Charts, ChartMuserum, etc. You can find a consolidated list of these individuals here.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

More information can be found in the blog announcement and in the governance document.

Finally, I want to say a big thank you to everyone involved in the process of getting long term governance in place for Helm. This isn’t always a task developers are excited about and we had some good conversations and considered may different situations while attempting to keep the governance from growing too complex.

mattfarina.com

Helm Moves to DCO

Matt Farina

Since Helm joined the CNCF as part of Kubernetes it has used a Contributors License Agreement (CLA) to ensure contributions can be contributed. Today, Helm is making a change to a Developers Certificate of Origin (DCO). The process to make this change was on the suggestion of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and was evaluated by the Helm maintainers.

This means that new commits to Helm projects need to be signed off.

For more details on what this means along with a FAQ of details please see the blog post on helm.sh at https://www.helm.sh/blog/helm-dco/index.html

Note, the process to make the switch is documented at https://github.com/helm/community/issues/30

361 - 380 of 454