Date

Re: localizing Helm docs [feedback requested]

Jim Angel

Happy to chat about how k8s docs is doing it if you want!

Most of the process is outlined here: https://kubernetes.io/docs/contribute/localization/

I would echo Chris' statement that it works out decently but there are challenges...

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, 14:47 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@...> wrote:
Fedora and OpenStack use http://zanata.org

It's notable the Kubernetes community just treats translations as code and that has served them decently, but they have invested in doing public "doc sprints" to help on board and train folks.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 2:42 PM Matt Farina <matt@...> wrote:
I'm kinda interested in the human based tools more than automating translations. From what I've been told, the automation quality is so-so.

But, we have people interested in translating docs. But, our process for doing so is developer focused and non-devs who want to do translations will have a hard time. I'm wondering if there's a way to ease their flow. I was reminded of the simple experience Drupal had and was wondering if any other tools make it that easy.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, at 3:38 PM, Matt Fisher wrote:
Something I was interested in looking into was the Microsoft Translator API. From its description,

> [...] that developers can easily integrate into their applications websites, tools, or any solution requiring multi-language support such as website localization, e-commerce, customer support, messaging applications, internal communication, and more.

I have not tried this program yet, but we could potentially use our Azure sponsorship money to consume this service and provide localization support for the website.

I'd be most curious to see how it'd handle syntax and code blocks.

1504220459230_microsoft.png

Matthew Fisher

Caffeinated Software Engineer

Microsoft Canada