Date

Use a config from a sub-chart to an other

Stéphane Brunner

Hello,

I write this in the dependencies or my Chart.yaml
- name: redis-config
repository: file://../../configs/redis
import-values:
- child: config
parent: redis
- name: redis
version: 14.8.6

And I expected that all the config is injected in the Redis chart but only the empty dict will be filled ...

Is it possible to have a chart with a config and use it in another chart?

My goal is to share some configuration without impose the version of the chart.

CU
Stéphane

--
Stéphane Brunner
Geospatial Solutions

camptocamp
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

Custom resource ordering in Helm

Gabe Alford <redhatrises@...>

Hello,

I wanted to ask what the status is on the ordering of custom resources in Helm. I need to deploy PSP, SCC, and a MutatingWebhookConfiguration in a certain order. I see a couple of PRs that address this like https://github.com/helm/helm/pull/9534 and https://github.com/helm/helm/pull/8448. Obviously, the solution to handling resource ordering is implemented in different ways. Is there movement on one solution vs the other? Or are they dead in the water? Or....? And maybe  the capability is already there, and I am just missing it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Gabe

Re: [EXTERNAL] [cncf-helm] Application for joining Helm organization

苑雄雄

 Yes, I want to be a maintainer for helm project. it is is my pleasure. I will spend more time maintaining the community and solving problems. At the beginning, you can give me viewer permission first.

Which project are you interested in joining? I know you are active on github.com/helm/helm. Do you want to be a maintainer for that project?

From: "Matt Farina" <matt@...>
Sent by: cncf-helm@...
To: cncf-helm@...
Date: Tue, May 25, 2021 6:42 PM

The next step in the process is that Martin needs to accept. He can do that here on the list. On Tue, May 25, 2021, at 12:51 PM, Matt Butcher via lists.cncf.io wrote: I would like to nominate Martin Hickey as a Helm org maintainer, as described ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
[...]

Matt Farina

[...]

Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr

+1

On Tue 25. May 2021 at 19:03 Josh Dolitsky <jdolitsky@...> wrote:
Yes, +1

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 11:51 AM Matt Butcher via lists.cncf.io <matt.butcher=microsoft.com@...> wrote:
I would like to nominate Martin Hickey as a Helm org maintainer, as described in the Helm Org Governance document: https://github.com/helm/community/blob/main/governance/governance.md

Martin is a long-standing community member, a maintainer on multiple Helm projects, and an excellent ambassador of the Helm community.

Per the governance documents, this begins the three-week nomination process, which will end on June 15, 2021. At that time, a private Condorcet-style vote will be taken, in which all maintainers for all Helm projects are eligible to vote once. Martin must obtain a 2/3 majority of those that voted.

Happy Helming,

Matt Butcher
Chair, Helm Organization

--
Typed slowly with one finger on my phone. Please forgive any interesting auto-corrections or misunderstanding typos.

Re: Org Maintainer Nomination: Martin Hickey

Josh Dolitsky

Yes, +1

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 11:51 AM Matt Butcher via lists.cncf.io <matt.butcher=microsoft.com@...> wrote:
I would like to nominate Martin Hickey as a Helm org maintainer, as described in the Helm Org Governance document: https://github.com/helm/community/blob/main/governance/governance.md

Martin is a long-standing community member, a maintainer on multiple Helm projects, and an excellent ambassador of the Helm community.

Per the governance documents, this begins the three-week nomination process, which will end on June 15, 2021. At that time, a private Condorcet-style vote will be taken, in which all maintainers for all Helm projects are eligible to vote once. Martin must obtain a 2/3 majority of those that voted.

Happy Helming,

Matt Butcher
Chair, Helm Organization

1 - 20 of 395